A chia seed pudding and spirulina smoothie parfait may be the most superfood-packed breakfast. Recipe by @Leefromamerica.
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup filtered water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1.5 frozen bananas
4 fresh strawberries
1 cup baby spinach
1 tsp. spirulina powder
3 tbsp. organic almond milk
1/4 cup gluten-free granola
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1⁄4 cup chia seeds with 1⁄4 cup coconut cream, 1 tbsp. maple syrup, and 1⁄4 cup filtered water vigorously. Let sit for 3 minutes, then whisk again for 1 minute.
2. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or covered, overnight.
3. In the morning, blend together 1 cup spinach with 1 tsp. spirulina, 1.5 frozen bananas and 3 tbsp. almond milk.
4. In a pretty cup, place 3 spoonfuls of chia pudding at the bottom. Follow with a layer of green smoothie.
5. Next add layers of strawberries and figs.
POPSUGAR Fitness offers fresh fitness tutorials, workouts, and exercises that will help you on your road to healthy living, weight loss, and stress relief. Check out Class FitSugar, our do-it-along-with-us real-time workout show hosted by Anna Renderer who will inspire you to sweat alongside fitness experts and Hollywood’s hottest celebrity trainers. Class FitSugar regularly covers the most buzzed-about workout classes and trends, including the Victoria’s Secret workout, Tabata, P90X, Bar Method, and more.
Subscribe to POPSUGAR Fitness!
Check out the rest of our channel: